søndag 21. november 2010

Magic Study – A Yelena Zaltana Novel

Talk ceased the minute we entered. All eyes focused on me. My skin crawled. I felt as if they were examining every inch of my face, my clothes and my muddy boots. From their expressions, I gathered I wasn`t meeting expectations. I stifled the desire to hide behind Irys. Regret that I hadn`t asked Irys more questions about the Zaltanas thumped in my chest.

At last, an older man stepped forward. "I´m Bavol Cacao Zaltana, Elder Councilman for the Zaltana family. Are you Yelena Liana Zaltana?"

I hesitated. That my name sounded so formal, so connected, so foreign. "My name is Yelena," I said.

A young man a few years older than I pushed through the crowd. He stopped next to the Elder. Squinting hard, his jade-eyed gaze bore into mine. A mixture of hatred and revulsion creased his face. I felt a slight touch of magic brush my body.

"She has killed" he called out. "She reeks of blood."






Tittel: Magic Study
Forfatter: Maria V. Snyder
Sjanger: Eldre tenåringer og voksen, fantasi novelle
Sider: 419 + 3
Lesetid: 1 dag
Sang: Heavy in Your Arms – Florence + The Machine







Confronting the past, controlling the future.


Baksiden: Whit an execution order on her head, Yelena has no choice but to escape to Sitia, the land of her birth. With only a year to master her magic – or face death – Yelena must begin her apprenticeship and travels to the Four Towers of the Magician`s Keep.

But nothing in Sitia is familiar. Not the family to whom she is a stranger. Not the unsettling new facets of her magic. Not the brother who resents her return. As she struggles to understand where she belongs and how to control her rare powers, a rogue magician emerges – and Yelena catches his eye.

Suddenly she is embroiled in battle against good and evil. And once again it will be her magical abilities that will either save her life… or be her downfall.



Etter å ha lest Posion Study måtte jeg lese den neste boken. Jeg er fortsatt forelsket i historien.


Å ha oppdaget at hun magiske evner, er ikke lenger Yelena velkommen I Ixia. Hun reiser til Sitia for å finne sin familie og begynne på Citadel, en skole for magikere. Hennes hjemkomst er ikke veldig velkommen. For hennes bror mistenker henne for å være en Ixian spion og lærerene på Citadel tror at Yelena kommer ut av kontroll før hun har muligheten til å mestre magien hennes. Mens Yelena kjemper for å finne sin plass, blir hun fanget opp i ett ondt komplott av en farlig magiker.

I posion study lærer vi litt om Yelenas magiske evner, men ble ikke fult forklart for oss. I Magic Study får vi mer innsikt i Yelenas evner og historien om magi i Ixia og Sitia.

Yelena gir ikke opp så lett, prøver selv å løse sine problemer, og det er derfor interessant å se hvordan dette fungerer med hennes familie og lærere.

Valek er den ultimate romantiske interessen- han svinger inn når Yelena trenger hjelp, selv om han tilbyr henne uavhengighet til å finne sin egen vei.

Ari og Janco er også hysterisk morsomme i magic study. De stiller opp for Yelena og sørger alltid for å at hun kan teste sinne evner i treningsringen. De gjør at Yelena føler hun har en familie og at de er storebrødrene hun skulle ønske hun hadde.



I shook my head at Janco "I`v got the situasjon under control. Go back to the Keep, I`ll meet you there." Janco stared at me in astonished silence. Ari though, trustet me. "Come on, she dosen`t need our help" Ari sheathed his sword. Janco recovered. He flashed me one of his mischievous grins. "I`ll bet you a copper that she`ll be free in five minutes," he said to Ari. Ari grunted in amusement. "A silver on ten minutes," he countered. "I`ll bet you both a gold cointhat she kills him," Valek said from behind them. They moved aside and he entered, still dressed in his Adviser Ilom disguise."The only way to take care of your problem. Right, love?" "No killing" I said. "I`ll manage." Side 104


 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar